Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sound of Music tour

Way back in 2000, in my final semester of college, the choir and I had the unbelievable luck to tour Europe for 9 weeks!  I'll be updating a few pictures here, randomly, over the next couple of weeks.

This first shot is of the house and lake that was featured in the classic musical "The Sound of Music". While it was a great tour, filled with lots of singing every time we got back on the bus, I'm sure our bus driver wanted to kill us after the first half hour. And, even though it looks like everything is close together in the film, if memory serves, it took us 5 or 6 hours to see all of the sights and have lunch!  Still, very worth it if you ever get the chance!


1 comment:

  1. Isn't Salzburg gorgeous? I was also there years ago - also insisted on seeing "The Sound of Music" sites.
    Read-a-thon on April 27th. Are you signed up? I can't do it without my RAT buddy!

    ReplyDelete