Monday, January 4, 2016

Bout of Books #15

Bout of Books


Hello, and Happy New Year to you all! I hope your holiday season was merry, bookish, and didn't break the bank! Here's to an excellent 2016 for all of us. 





This is the first time that I've actually remembered that a) Bout of Books has started and b) it's still early enough to sign up to participate! This will be my one place to update for the whole week. And if you'd like to join in the fun, here's the link! And for those who don't know about it, here's a little info:


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th and runs through Sunday, January 10th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 15 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
I'd like to set my goal for the week at reading 5 books. It doesn't matter if I've already started them or not, but this should be enough of a challenge to keep me motivated throughout the next few days, and hopefully won't lead to me panic-reading over the weekend. Hope you can all join in, and happy reading to you all!

Day 1
No books finished yesterday, but I did make some progress in one of my current reads. 
Pages read: about 60
Titles: Watchful Thinking by H.P. Mallory and something on my Kindle, will update this later
Challenge: Introduction in six words "So many books so little time"

Day 2
Pages read: 75 (will probably read more when I get home tonight)
Books finished: The Bassoon King by Rainn Wilson
Challenge: answer some "would you rather" bookish questions, hosted at Writing My Own Fairy Tale

  • I would rather lend books to someone who dog-ears pages than some who reads with Cheeto fingers.
  • I would rather be able to meet one character of my choice than one author of my choice.
  • I'd rather never be allowed in a bookstore again than never be allowed in a library again! (Think of the money I'd save!)
  • I'd rather have to pick one of my favorite couples to break up in their book than choose one of my favorite characters to die in their book.
  • I'd rather be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of my life than The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of my life. (I mean, neither are great options, but I can barely get through TSL, and I can at least speed read T.)

Days 3, 4, 5
Not much got read, I was too busy working and running errands.

Day 6
Pages read: about 275
Books finished: Is She Available? by Igor Goldkind and Peril At End House by Agatha Christie
Challenge: Take a picture of your favorite cozy reading spot, hosted by Once Upon A Chapter.




I love my couch! I've got pillows propped just right, I can use natural light for most of the day, and I can see the fireplace too. May not be the neatest, most photographable place, but it's the best!

Day 7
This is weird that today's the last day for BoB! I wish real life would have cooperated a little more, but that's okay. The plan for the day is just to catch up on books that I'm already in the middle of, maybe a few shorter library books that are due soon, and I'm going to "let myself" pick one GN off of my shelves that I've wanted to read for a long time. All I have to do is pick up the house a little and do more laundry, so I've got plenty of time to read! 

1 comment:

  1. Laura! You did Bout of Books! Good for you. I forgot about it. I looked up the next one, and it seems it will be around April 11, which is perfect because I'm going to have to miss the next Dewey's (I seem to be having trouble with the April ones). I'm going over to Shelfari to send you a message now...

    ReplyDelete