Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just a little update on Dad Lenz's hand. It's starting to heal now, albeit slowly, and while the daily hydrogen peroxide baths are helping, it still apparently "hurts like a son of a bitch". Dad told me he could hardly see into his finger now. He seemed a little disappointed, but seriously, can you imagine being able to see inside your finger? Yikes. No thank you.

So far I've spent the afternoon watching the second disc of 1995's "Pride and Prejudice" while I work on job #2 and fight off this annoying headache. Needless to say, I'm doing more watching than working. Maybe that's why I'm not getting anywhere with work. Ooops! Have any of you guys seen this version of P&P? I realize that Mrs. Bennett is supposed to be a drama queen and a little annoying, but GOOD LORD is she annoying in this one!!! It's all I can do not to fast-forward through her scenes. Alison Steadman does a great job doing shrill and crAAzy.

I've decided to go ahead and sell our family pump organ. (No, not that kind, you pervert!) If anyone knows anyone in the market for antique musical instruments, please give them my number. It's in good working order, though I'm sure there are things to be fixed internally, etcetera. I'd like to have this out of here within the next month so I can move my home office into the guest bedroom. While it's convenient to have my office out in the open, it's also incredibly annoying. There is always pressure to be working on something, and then while I'm sitting here at the desk I inevitably screw around on LibraryThing or something instead of working. Plus, I'd like to feel like I'm "going to work" instead of just sitting in the living room. Anyway, I'll attach a picture of the organ in the near future.

Off to work I go! Oooh, Colin Firth is wet! Maybe I'll just watch a little bit more....

No comments:

Post a Comment