Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's Over



I only got a few pages in before falling asleep. When I woke up at 4:30, I thought about forging ahead and reading again, but decided to just go to bed and call it a night. 

Total books read from: 8
Total books finished: 4
Total pages read: 1,390
Total time reading: 13 hrs 15 min (2 hrs 15 min audiobooks)

End of Event Meme:

Which hour was most daunting for you?
Just after hour 18. I was a little thrown off by having a friend over for most of the day, and since I've done 4 or 5 read-a-thons this year, I just decided to sleep and not worry about it too much. But it still bums me out a little that I couldn't stay up for the whole thing.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the RAT?
Nope! Great as usual.

What were the names of the books you read?
The ones I read from but didn't finish -
"The Professor's Daughter" by Sfar & Gulburt
"The Dark Crystal" by A.C.H. Smith
"Gate 7" by CLAMP
"Very Valentine" by Adriana Trigiani

The ones I finished - 
"Insurgent" by Veronica Roth
"Thames: The Biography" by Peter Ackroyd
"Franny & Zooey" by J.D. Salinger
"Mercury" by Hope Larson

Which book did you enjoy most? Least?
Most was the book about the Thames. Least was Franny & Zooey - definitely.

How likely are you to participate in the RAT again? What role?
I'm in again for sure, as a reader. Next time I'll probably try some free-hand cheering though.


Big thanks to my real-life friend Jenna for coming over for most of the day, and to my faithful RAT Buddy Sherry Ann for joining me once again. 

See you all in April!

2 comments:

  1. It's good having those real life friends lol Great job, lots of pages and lots of books! See you in April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never be able to focus if I had a friend over! I used to read with one of my friends in high school, but now that we don't see each other all the time, we might start out with good intentions of reading, and then end up talking about what we're reading. So I admire you for getting as much reading done as you did!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete