Saturday, October 13, 2012

It's that time of year again - the Dewey's Read-a-Thon is here!

Prepare yourselves for yet another 24 hour thrill ride of watching me simultaneously read more pages and lose my mind due to lack of sleep. All of my prep time yesterday completely vanished due to 5 hours of phone calls, but I've got most things in place to catch up this first hour. And of course, I have an audiobook on to accompany me so I'm not out any reading time!

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
 My cozy home just outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin


2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
"The Professor's Daughter" by Joann Sfarr and Emmanuel Gulbert. It's a slim graphic novel, but it looks amazing!


3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Oy, I don't know. It's sadly probably the chicken that I shredded yesterday with the plan of throwing some of it in with a bowl of rice and veggies. Bo-ring! But, I do have apple pie that looks mighty tasty!


4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I don't know what to say here any more. I'm a single gal, massage therapist, parent to two furballs, sarcastic, Anglophile lifelong reader!


5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? 
Actually read this time!  For some reason the April RAT is always more difficult for me to just stay reading all day, and this past one was no exception. However, I have the 9 books I'm currently reading, the 11 on my TBR Next pile, and about a dozen others checked out from the library for this very event. Believe it or not, this may be the fewest number of books I've set aside for one of these!

The only big difference this time compared to the others is that for at least the daylight hours, I'll have a friend joining me to read along!  I just hope that I'm able to not talk to her and get distracted by having someone else here. Most of my time is spent alone, so I hope I can wrangle the urge to chat just because there's another adult in the room. 

Okay, off for my first cup of coffee and to prep the fireplace before switching to a real book.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning, Laura! I'm just getting started, after being up in the night baling water. Darn - I was hoping to break records with my page numbers this time. As I got almost NO sleep, that's not likely to happen. Anyway, good luck! I'll check on you next update. Sounds like you have PLENTY of reading material :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it's nice having a friend to read with. :) Personally, I have no problem reading all day if that's what I've decided I'm going to do. Good luck getting lots of books read!

    ReplyDelete