Saturday, April 26, 2014

Halfway there

Mid-Event Meme

1. What are you reading right now?
I'm currently between books, taking a little break. Not sure what I'll pick up next.

2. How many books have you read so far?
6, but it's not as impressive as it sounds.

3. What book are you most looking forward to in the second half of the read-a-thon?
Either finishing "The Secret History of the Pink Carnation" or "Heirs and Graces".

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really. Just didn't schedule an clients for today and asked off at my other job about a month ago. 

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yes, lots and lots. I just go and get what was asked for, or answer the question, or the phone, and try to get my head back into whatever I was reading as soon as I can without seeming annoyed or like it's bothering me. Actually, that's kind of business as usual these days for me.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-Thon so far?
That I won a prize! :) That, and I've both read as little and as much as I have.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the RAT next time?
No! This seems to be the smoothest, least stressful one so far!

8. What would you do differently if you were to participate next time?
This may seem snarky, but I'd like to have my house to myself, unplug my phones, and just focus more on reading. Also, I'd really like to be a cheerleader and maybe an Angel too, if I can swing it.

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Is the Pope Catholic?

10. Do you have any tips for Readers or Cheerleaders?
Nope, just keep up the good work!

************************************************

Hour 12 1/2 (7:30 PM)

Mom took a nap, and I was able to read more pages at a time than before. I still had the usual interruptions of phone calls and daydreaming, but that's it. 

Books finished: 6! "The Crowded Grave" by Martin Walker, "The 13 Clocks" by James Thurber", "The Scraps Book" by Lois Ehlert, "Nurse Matilda" by Christianna Brand, "The House in the Night" by Susan Marie Swanson, and "Agent Gates and the Secret Adventures of Devonton Abbey: A Parody of Downton Abbey" by Camaron Subhiyah
Pages Read: 323 + 124 + 72 = 519
Running total of pages read: 727 (I mis-calculated my earlier total. Geez, I know math isn't my strong suit, but that's ridiculous.)
Time reading: 7 hours 37 min (33 minutes audiobook)
Snacks: slice of thin crust veggie & pepperoni pizza, cherry yogurt, lots and lots of water, a 7Up
Mini-challenges Completed: 2; Intro, Hour 3


4 comments:

  1. I'm with you at having NO interruptions for the next RAT! You are doing mahvelously - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day has been very broken up with interruptions as well. Good for you for being flexible! Looks like you are making great progress. Happy reading and enjoy the rest of Readathon! #TeamHughes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm cheering you on with #TeamHughes. Hope you are having fun and still feel motivated. Good luck with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six books? Great job! Keep it up. #teamrogue

    ReplyDelete