Thursday, April 24, 2014

Potential Dewey's Books

Let me start right off by saying that I realize that this is far too many books for any one person to read in a 24-hour period. I'm aware that I have a problem. Though, some of them are regular library check-outs and not ones that I chose specifically for this event. (All books will be listed bottom to top, left to right.)


These are my children's book picks, some are "research" for future presents for my friends' kids, some are just for me. 
"Flotsam" by David Wiesner
"Officer Buckle and Gloria" by Peggy Rathmann
"Mirette On The High Wire" by Emily Arnold McCully
"The House In The Night" by Susan Marie Swanson
"The Scraps Book" by Lois Ehlert
"Daisy Dawson Is On Her Way" by Steve Voake
"Agatha, Girl of Mystery #1: The Curse of the Pharaoh" by Sir Steve Stevenson
"Goddess Girls #1: Athena the Brain" by Joan Holub



Graphic Novels:
"The Graphic Canon, Volume 1" - there is no way I'll finish this whole thing!
"Calamity Jack" by Shannon and Dean Hale
"The Unwritten #1" by Mike Carey and Peter Gross
"Aya" by Marguerite Abouet and Clement Oubrerie
"Agent Gates and the Secret Adventures of Devonton Abbey" (a parody) by Camaren Subhiyah
"Agnes Quill: An Anthology of Mystery" by Dave Roman 


Regular library checkouts, plus a few for this event thrown in (with a *):
"The Bone Season" by Samantha Shannon
"Heirs and Graces" by Rhys Bowen
"The Crowded Grave" by Martin Walker
"Trapped" by Michael Northrop*
"The 13 Clocks" by James Thurber*
"Among Flowers: A Walk in the Himalaya" by Jamaica Kincaid
"Mr. Fooster Travelling On A Whim" by Tom Corwin*
"Nurse Matilda" by Christianna Brand (this should be in the children's photo, I realize)
"A Rogue By Any Other Name" by Sarah MacLean*
"Strawberry Shortcake Murder" by Joanne Fluke*
"The 5th Wave" by Rick Yancey*


And finally, these are bookclub books (#), ones I'm currently reading (%), and ones that I'm hoping to start soon.
"The Orphanage of Miracles" by Amy Neftzger
"The Golem and the Jinni" by Helene Wecker #
"The Healing Consciousness: A Doctor's Journey to Healing" by Dr. Beth DuPree %
"The Magic Toyshop" by Angela Carter #
"Time and Again" by Nora Roberts %
"Cordelia's Honor" by Lois McMaster Bujold %
"The House on the Strand" by Daphne DuMaurier #
"My Life in Middlemarch" by Rebecca Mead %
"The Secret History of the Pink Carnation" by Lauren Willig %
"The Queen Is Dead" by Kate Locke

You'd think that that's enough, but no, I've got a few more coming in at the library (mostly graphic novels), and there's always the fun possibility that I'll pick something off of my shelves at random. 

I work both jobs on Friday so I won't have much/any time to prepare fun food or snacks. Mom is still feeling pretty awful, so she'll be sleeping through most of Saturday. She did say that if she was feeling a little better that she'd like to participate if she can, so that would be nice. Plus, that would mean that the TV is off, which is a reason to celebrate! ;) I'd hoped this time to be able to be a Prize Angel or a Cheerleader for Dewey's but that just wasn't meant to happen now. Maybe this fall things will be in a new kind of normal, and I'll be able to help out like I want to. 

For this RAT, I'm just hoping to get 10 hours of reading under my belt, and maybe a few books read. Having someone here in the house with me is a distraction for lots of obvious reasons, so I know that even if my Mom weren't sick my numbers would be down from last year. But that doesn't matter. The whole fact that I get to set aside an entire weekend to read is glorious and a luxury and I can hardly wait for 7AM this Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. That is quite an impressive list of books, young lady! However will you decide what to read first - random number generator or mood? I love that you have a stack of children's books - I may steal that idea for next time as I have boxes of my girls' books in the basement and I adore them all. I'm running behind schedule - haven't thought of food yet! Will see you bright and early (6:00 a.m. for me)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to have tons of options! I know I'm a big mood reader, so even though I have a stack set I just might pick something totally random, too. Hope you have a great Readathon, we'll be popping in from #TeamHughes to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry Ann - mood, for sure. I'm going to start a little early, but I still overslept. Kid's book will probably be first.

    Shannon - HI! Thanks for stopping in, and I look forward to what you're reading!

    ReplyDelete