Saturday, April 25, 2015

The first 6 hours

Hour 6

I've spent most of the last two hours trying to figure out how/why a photo I took wasn't appearing in this post, adding new books to LibraryThing, and putting things away. Thankfully, I had the audio of "The Ruby in the Smoke" to accompany me!

Totals
Pages read: 228
Audiobook time: 3 hrs 55 min
Total time reading: 5 hrs 36 min
Books finished: 3 ("The Martian" by Andy Weird, and "The Spiderwick Chronicles" books 1 and 2 by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black)
Challenges Completed: 4 (Intro Meme, and Hour 3 Four Seasons Challenge, Hour 5 Casting Couch)

It's lunch time here, so I'll go rustle something up. It's time I stepped away from the computer for a bit, too, and picked up a physical book for a change. 

Hour 5 Challenge

Casting Couch, hosted by My Little Pocketbooks. Take the book you're currently reading and cast the main character only. 
Book: "Naked in Death" by J.D. Robb
Character: Eve Dallas (a NY cop in her 30's)
Actor: I picture her as across between Tamsin Greig (with an American accent, of course), and Stana Katic.
Why: Both of these ladies are smart and no-nonsense. Stan's character on "Castle" is smart, focused, has a good sense of humor, and is a NY copy. Tamsin Greig looks a bit more like Eve Dallas does, I think, with her short hair, non-traditionally beautiful face, and thin frame.




Hour 4

Feeling good, reading a lot, and decluttering a little bit as I go. It's a nice morning so far!
Snacks: Scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa, bagel, lots of coffee.

Time reading: 2 hours
Books reading: listening to "The Ruby in the Smoke" by Philip Pullman

Totals
Pages read: 228
Audiobook time: 1 hr 55 min
Total time reading: 3 hrs 36 min
Books finished: 3 ("The Martian" by Andy Weird, and "The Spiderwick Chronicles" books 1 and 2 by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black)
Challenges Completed: 2 (Intro Meme, and Hour 3 Four Seasons Challenge)


Hour 3 Challenge: 4 Covers, 4 Seasons
Spring- The Enchanted April (because April always means Spring, right?)
Summer- That Summer In Sicily
Autumn- Autumn
Winter- Doctor Who : Dead of Winter



The Start

The first hour is already done and over with! I decided to start by finishing the last bit of my current audiobook, "The Martian" by Andy Weir. Wow! That certainly has me wide awake now! While I was listening, I caught up on the photos and stacks that I'd planned on doing before the start, and got more coffee. 

Totals
Pages read: 0
Audiobook time: 41 minutes
Total time reading: 41 minutes
Books finished: 1 ("The Martian" by Andy Weir)
Challenges Completed: 1 (Opening Meme)

And now, here are my stacks of books for the day!

 Here are my current reads. From bottom to top:
"Garden Spells" by Sarah Addison Allen
"Sweet Filthy Boy" by Christina Lauren
"The Seven Daughters of Eve" by Bryan Sykes
"Naked in Death" by J.D. Robb (this is the first in the series)
and on my Kindle, I'm reading:
"The Sittaford Mystery" by Agatha Christie
"The Real Life Downton Abbey" by Jacky Hyams
"The Second Chance" by Jodi Taylor

 And here are my upcoming books.
Some of them I've started and left sitting part-way through for far too long, some of them I need to start for bookclubs, one is a re-read, and some are just shorties I pulled to read/checked out from the library. From bottom to top:
"Doctor Who: The Forgotten"
"Doctor Who: The Hypothetical Gentleman"
"Mademoiselle Chanel" by C.W. Gortner
"Bunner Sisters" by Edith Wharton
"Austenland" by Shannon Hale
"The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Mysterious Howling" by Maryrose Wood
"The Snows of Kilimanjaro and Other Stories" by Ernest Hemingway
"The Further Adventures of a London Call Girl" by Belle de Jour
"Cordelia's Honor" by Lois McMaster Bujold (this is a collection of two books - I'm 1/3 of the way into the first, "Shards of Honor"
and the two latest issues of One Story, "Rites" by Matthew Baker, and "The Pole of Cold" by Erika Krouse

I'd take more photos and list more books that I have laying around here that I pulled to read "soon" and it's been longer than I'd like to admit, but that would essentially be photographing every room of my disorganized house. You don't want to see that, and I don't want you to see that, so I'll just let that be my little secret. 



No comments:

Post a Comment