Saturday, October 3, 2015

In two weeks, it's time once again...


...for Dewey's Read-a-thon! I'm looking forward to the time-out on real life and the chance to sit and read for an extended period of time. There has been so much crap going on since April I can hardly believe it. I can't wait to turn off my cell phone, ignore email, and relax. I'd like to be a cheerleader this time around, but really, reading is all I want to do. I'll check on my favorite ladies and some new blogs, of course, but that's about it. I'd like to try using Instagram this time around, but I don't know if that will be more of a hindrance or a help at this point. My only goals are to read as much as possible, hopefully pulling only from my read-and-get-rid-of piles. That's right, no special library trips for graphic novels or magna or picture books, unless it's something that I've already requested. (And by that I mean requested as of now, not something I think I "have to" read now because it sounds interesting. That's partially how I have over 1,000 physical books to be read in my house.) (Well, that, and I like books.) (A lot.) 

I'm off to officially sign up and check on my formatting from last time, see if I want to make any changes or anything. I hope to see you all there! 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my dear RAT pal! So glad to be doing this event with you again. I've got a busy week ahead (as do you, I'm sure), but am starting to think about my book stack. I hope to post it in a few days. Are you going to make a plan or just "wing it", choosing from your 1,000+ books according to your mood? I LOVE it that you have so many books! I also have a ridiculous number, but I keep going to used book sales and visiting the library regularly. Ah well, there are worse things I could be addicted to... See you Saturday if not before!

    ReplyDelete