Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Thursday at home...

Stuff here is going okay, I guess.  Kind of the same as ever.  I took the day "off" today (not that I've had more than 1 appointment this week) to start gathering my taxes together so I can have them done hopefully by the end of the month.  Of course, I ran a couple of errands this mornings, came home, had an early lunch, and then proceeded to do...um....I'm not exactly sure what for the next 5 hours.  

Then, in a flurry of inspiration I pulled out my tax info at 4pm, opened up my '07 tax stuff and noticed that there were two potential bills from the IRS that I was supposed to have paid and sent in this past September and January to the tune of $1000.  Hm. Now, no one has notified me that I'll be audited or hung from my kneecaps for 40 days, so I'm wondering if I really should have sent them in?  I'll just push the panic-induced vomit back down until I have my taxes done and innocently ask something along the lines of "So, these IRS people - are they fairly understanding?".  Fuck.  I then spent the next 2 solid hours (honest!) listening to Bill Bryson read "I'm A Stranger Here Myself" and tried to write down and think of every possible bit of income and expense that I could have done in January of 2008.  Yes, that's right, two hours spent doing one months work and I'm still not done.  I can't find my previous check registry (I remember putting it somewhere safe and will most likely find it in 4 years), half of my receipts that I know that I've saved, and half of my pathetically sad bank statements for last year.  Again, fuck.  I know they will all surface in the near future (fingers and toes crossed), but at this rate it's going to take me another 11 days in which I'm not getting paid.  Not that that's unusual.  

And now, good old Bill is back at it, and I'm just gearing up to face the other half of this desk. Perhaps I'll have another glass of wine while I knuckle down.

Tomorrow, L is coming over to help me finish de-crapping my kitchen.  I'll have photographic evidence soon, I promise.  Can't wait! And now, back to Bill, wine, and January 08 tax stuff.  Where oh where is Robin Leach when you need him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment