Friday, November 27, 2009

I started this post over an hour ago, and had a nice picture and thoughts about being thankful, etc, and then I got sucked in to Antiques Roadshow on PBS and Lord knows where that first post went. Isn't technology grand?

There was some lady from Texas who was yapping about a pocket watch and how she couldn't trace the family story told by her rich father. The appraiser valued the watch at $30,000 to $50,000. Want to know the first words out of her mouth? "Well, would it be worth something more if I could verify the story?" !!!!! Seriously? You have a watch worth at least 30 grand, and you want more money? How greedy can one person get!?! She just looked around and said "Well, thanks y'all, it's been innerestin", in those exact words. That just made me sick, and I thought you could use a disgusting head shake on this Friday evening. You're welcome.

Since I'm sitting here at 10pm, you'd be right in assuming that I'm procrastinating Job #2 once again. I have a deadline of tomorrow night, so I do need to actually do something this time. I've got that penciled in to do after I get home from Job #1 tomorrow afternoon. I already can tell that I might be posting a similar message about 20 hours from now and am trying to bribe myself with a tasty pot of coffee and a cupcake as a reward for doing my job. I'll let you know if it works or not, but don't hold your breath.

In my procrastination this evening I've been reading some of my favorite book blogs. There is one girl who I wish I was, she reads so much. This girl has already read over 350 books this year, has at least one review a day, and has a job in the real world. Amazing, right? I'm totally in awe and happily spent a half hour reading some of her reviews. It makes my maybe-a-book-a-week average completely sad and pathetic.

To add to my not-reading woes, I returned an audiobook to the library a couple of days ago and picked up 4 books on my way out. What? One of them is a new book that is due in 7 days...well, in 5 now. We'll see if that happens or not. (I'm guessing not.)

OK, extremely tired now and am pretty sure I mixed my verb tenses and didn't always make sense. If you read this blog on a semi-regular basis, you should be used to that stuff by now. Off to have Will & Grace and The Golden Girls serenade me in the background while I try to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment