Monday, April 22, 2013

Random pictures

Here's a shot of my library (AKA Job #2), looking towards the main entrance. The second floor is part of our children's section, below that is the checkouts and new books, some other stuff you can't really see, the information desk, large print, paperbacks, and I'm standing on a step stool at the start of our hardcover fiction section.


Here's a view from the other direction, looking towards the back of the library from the "front" of the hardcover fiction section.


The library is on an angle in the back, and the first 2 sets of shelves you see are hardcover mystery, with the back shelf part of hardcover science fiction.


Looking towards the front again, from the back, it's the end of the large print section, on the left are study rooms, and towards the front on the left are audiobooks and holds, and straight ahead are the CDs, cassettes, and VHS tapes. Yes, there are surprisingly quite a few left, and they seem to get used a lot!


This shot is between the paperback and hardcover sections, the main middle aisle with the chairs is where the computers are in cubicles, and across the main aisle is our non-fiction section. The wall straight ahead is the front, or face, of the library from the outside along the main street. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak a few more pictures of other areas of the library in the near future, but since I feel like a weirdo for taking pictures of work while I'm at work, I'm hoping to be kind of quiet about this. Does anyone know if it's bad/illegal/not-kosher to take pictures inside the library? I felt pretty naughty doing it (that's what she said!), but it was fun. Plus, what book nerd doesn't love seeing a library?!?


And, this is the creepy bunny cake that I got for Easter. Kind of horrible and nightmare-inducing, but oh so delicious.

4 comments:

  1. Love the library photos! It looks like a nice place to work. The bunny cake, however...those eyes scare me!

    Have you got your books ready?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - it is a nice place to work. There are some very... interesting patrons, but they're 99% nice, so it's all good. Yeah, that cake? Yikes. I bought it at my favorite little bakery, and I gasped and then laughed when I saw it - so strange, I knew it had to come home. What was even creepier was that every time I walked into the kitchen, I could've sworn those unblinking eyes were following me. I was very relieved to have that face disappear the next day. :)

    I'm just working on wrangling all of my books together so I can post a picture of my intended insanity. How about you? Will head on over to your place to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're up and at 'em! I woke up without an alarm even (at 5:30 a.m.) I must be excited :) Will look forward to seeing what you're reading. I'm making my tea and pre-breakfast snack and am all ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete