Friday, January 1, 2010

Reading From My Shelves 2010


I've been looking for a challenge like this one for the last couple of weeks and I'm so glad I've found it! One of my goals for this year is to read as many books as possible that I've already shelled out good money for and get them out of here! (You can only rejigger your shelves so many times before you have to accept that book piles are going to be a way of life for awhile until you get rid of a few.) This helpful challenge is being hosted by Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea. The only rule is that you have to own the book, read it, and then get rid of it (passing along to a friend, donating to charity, reselling, etc...), and crossovers are allowed!

My goal for 2010 is to lose 40 books from my shelves. Even though I have 500+ unread (I know, it's crazy!), and I only read 75 books in 2009, I'm hoping to get 100 total read and I figure a 40% goal is pretty good. Of course, any book that leaves my shelves is a step in the right direction!

1. "Evans Above" by Rhys Bowen - given to my mother - January

2. "Scandals, Vandals, and da Vincis" by Harvey Rachlin - PaperbackSwap (PBS) - February

3. "Living Well with Hypothyroidism" by Mary J. Shomon - PBS - February

4. "Heat Wave" by Richard Castle - given to my mother - February

5. "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo - PBS - March

6. "The Scenery and Antiquities of Ireland" by J. Stirling Coyne - PBS - March

7. "Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It" by David Brownstein, MD - PBS - March

8. "The Watchmen" by Alan Moore - PBS - March

9. "Three Vampire Tales" by Le Fanu, Stoker, & Polidori - PBS - March

10. "Briar Rose" by Jane Yolen - PBS - March

11. "The Red and the Black" by Stendhal - PBS - March

12. "Letters from Pemberley" by Jane Dawkins - PBS - March

13. "More Letters from Pemberley" by Jane Dawkins - PBS - April

14. "The Penelopiad" by Margaret Atwood - PBS - May

15. "Sizzling Sixteen" by Janet Evanovich - given to Mom - June

16. "Heart of the Sea" by Nora Roberts - Goodwill - July

17. "Dance of the Gods" by Nora Roberts - Goodwill - July

18. "Pride and Prescience" by Carrie Bebris - PBS - June

19. "The Glades" by Clifton Campbell - PBS - July

20. "Valley of Silence" by Nora Roberts - donation - July

21. "The Dante Club" by Matthew Pearl - donation - August

22. "Driving Over Lemons" by Chris Stewart - PBS - September

23. "A Load of Old Balls" by Jo Brand - PBS - September

24. "The Expedition of Humphry Clinker" by Tobias Smollet - PBS - October

25. "Enthusiasm" by Polly Shulman - PBS - October

26. "1st to Die" by James Patterson - to Mom - November

27. "Jane Austen's the History of England" by Jane Austen - to Mom - November

28. "The World of Jane Austen" by Nigel Nicolson - to Mom - November

29. "Pride Prejudice & Jasmin Field" by Melissa Nathan - to Kay from LT - December

30. "An Assembly Such as This" by Pamela Aidan - to Mom - December

31. "Kings & Queens of England & Scotland" by Plantagenet Somerset Fry - to Mom - December

32. "Twilight: Director's Notebook" by Catherin Hardwick - to PBS - November

33. "Twilight The Movie Companion" by Mark Cotta-Vaz - to PBS - December

34. "The God of Animals" by Aryn Kyle - to PBS - December

35. "Up the Agency" by Peter Mayle - to PBS - December

36. "The Literary Book of Answers" by Carol Bolt - to PBS - December

37. "Bones of Faerie" by Janni Lee Simner - to Mom - December

38.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun with this challenge. I set up a new link if you want to link your books as you read them.

    (Right side of my blog is the post/link)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diane! I'll link up once I have my first book out the door.

    ReplyDelete