Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Evan Help Us

"Evan Help Us"
-Rhys Bowen, 2000
ISBN: 0749003692
From: Library
Rating: 3 1/2 of 5 stars

From Amazon: An archaeological find in the town of Llanfair sparks an age-old rivalry with the neighbouring town of Beddgelert. When Llanfair's prodigal son, Ted Morgan, announces his plans for an amusement park, the rivalry turns deadly, drawing Constable Evans into a whirl of pride, deception and greed.

Thoughts: I liked this book, #2 in the Constable Evans series. Cute, quaint, with a few dead bodies thrown in for good measure. Reading these books is a pleasure, and I look forward to book #3 at some point in the near future. Picking out the murderer wasn't too hard, but it's a nice and easy ride to the end of the book, again with some nice secondary character development. I tried not to read this too fast, making deals with myself that I had to reach a certain page number in the other book that I'm reading and stuck in, but that didn't work. Hopefully I'll get somewhere in the other book tonight, instead of reading the next library book that's due, but I'm not holding my breath.

A good book set in lovely Wales with eccentric townfolk and murder. A nice series if you're looking for something enjoyable to spend a few hours reading.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I sent you an email last week to let you know you won a copy of Roses by Leila Meacham. I haven't heard back from you with your address. Please email me your address at laarlt78(at)hotmail(dot)com ASAP or I will draw a new winner this weekend.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://lauragerold.blogspot.com/2010/01/winners-of-roses-by-leila-meacham.html

    Winners were announced on the above post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, in case you come back here today, I emailed you yesterday from my gmail account, and just a few minutes ago from my sbcglobal account. I hope 1 (or both!) gets to you! I'm really looking forward to this book - I'll be checking my mailbox excitedly!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete