Friday, January 1, 2010

Typically British Reading Challenge 2010


This is getting a little ridiculous. But I mean COME ON, how could I not do this challenge?!? Any fiction by a British author counts, as do crossovers. There are such great titles for the levels - Put the Kettle On, Gordon Bennet, Bob's Your Uncle - and since I'm fairly certain that at least a quarter of the books I own are "British-born", I should be able to complete this challenge fairly easily. (Of course, I say that now, when the year has barely begun.) The lovely host is Book Chick City - please join the TBRC here and read with me!

I'm joining at the top level, Cream Crackered, reading 8 Typically British novels.

1. "Royal Flush" by Rhys Bowen (January)

2. "Mr. Darcy, Vampyre" by Amanda Grange (March)

3. "Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging" by Louise Rennison (March)

4. "The Minpins" by Roald Dahl (March)

5. "Pride Prejudice & Jasmin Field" by Melissa Nathan (December)

6. "The Frozen Deep" by Wilkie Collins (November)

7. "Agnes Grey" by Anne Bronte (November)

8. "Cheerful Weather for the Wedding" by Julia Strachey (October)

Completed: December 2010!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! Welcome to the Typically British challenge. I'm so pleased you signed up and taken the highest level. Have fun and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so very much! If I ever start babbling on about how a book / TV show / movie was sooo fabulous, the first thing out my friends' mouths is "It's British, right?" - this is so the perfect challenge for me! Glad it's the New Year and I can keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete