Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hour 1

Good morning! I've just my first cup of coffee in hand and am ready to get started! Actually, I'm using exclamation points so much because Dear LORD am I tired! It's a grey and gloomy day so far (only 7 a.m.) and we're supposed to be getting storms today and tomorrow - I think this may be my kryptonite, folks. At any rate, I'm going to be getting on with things in just a few.

1) Where are you reading from today?
My home outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin

2) Three random facts about me ...
I own over twenty coats, I love Nathan Fillion, and I'm seriously considering leaving Facebook.

3) How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
Dozens, really. I'm reading over 10 books right now - I know, it's a sickness.

4) Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon?
I'm going to low-ball myself this time and say that I'd like to read 3 books. I'll probably do more than that, really, but I don't want to guilt myself into a larger number just because. My focus is going to be on books that I'm already reading, but I'd like to randomly pick a book or two from my shelves, something I haven't really done before in a Thon.

5) If you're a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Yes! Take breaks, please! Don't over-caffeinate yourself either, and if you feel yourself starting to wane, hop online or do a mini Dance Party by yourself for a couple of songs to get your blood pumping again. You may look like a spaz, but you'll be awake!

Alright, off to start my first book of the Thon, "Daddy Long-Legs" by Jean Webster. See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment