1. What are you reading right now?
"The Royals" by Kitty Kelly
2. How many books have you read so far?
I've only finished one, but including Royals I've read from two others.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I think "Demonglass" by Rachel Hawkins. I zoomed through the first book in the series quite quickly, and this one is just as good (though I'm only 60ish pages into it).
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really. I just made sure to not schedule any appointments Fri-Sun, and cancelled the weekly "Girls Night" I have with two of my best friends. We've done GN after the last couple of Thons, and it was really not a good idea.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Um, yes, definitely. Called the plumber, he was here within 15 minutes and then he didn't leave for a few hours. Other than that one massive and unexpected interruption, just the usual stuff - scratch the cats, grab something to eat, finish up a load of laundry.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon so far?
Honestly? At how fast time is going - I feel like I blink and 2 hours have passed!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the read-a-thon next year?
Not so far.
8. What would you differently, as a Reader or Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Nothing really - you can't plan for sewage back-ups, can you? ;)
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Shockingly, no. Though I'm afraid I might have jinxed myself just now!
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I'm a big advocate for audiobooks. When it's very late and holding up a book is too tiring, being able to just sit and listen is a great thing.
Hour 12 Update
Pages read: 88
Time reading: 1 hr 35 min
Total: 4 hrs 33 min
Books completed: 1
Blogs visited: 0
Mini-challenges completed: 2
Actual reading has happened - it's a miracle! I'm enjoying the book - "The Royals" by Kitty Kelley - but I think I'll have to switch books for a little while. I'm hoping that I can finish this one up before the Thon is over, but I've got 350 pages to go, and I've got a few others that I've been saving for this event so we'll have to wait and see. I've had two cups of English Breakfast tea, but some real food will have to be eaten soon - reading apparently make you very hungry!