Saturday, October 18, 2014

Hour 1

Good morning, everyone! I don't know about you, but I slept through my alarm and am getting up exactly when this starts. Oh well! Plans for this hour are to make a cup of coffee and start reading something easy while my brain wakes up.

image from risingabovereallife.com

Opening Meme
1. What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
My house just outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin

2. Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I really don't know this time! Maybe the next one in the Jane Austen Vampire series by Michael Thomas Ford, "Jane Goes Batty", or the "Shackleton" graphic novel I won the last RAT.

3. Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Honestly? I'm planning on roasting a giant pile of veggies later, and that will be soooo good!

4. Tell us a little something about yourself!
Mid-30's rumored crazy cat lady, overworked, underpaid, and most of my free time is spent reading books. Also, I'm considering going to get my MLIS degree, and pro/con list is about even, so I'm not sure what will tip it either way. 

5. If you participated in the last RAT, what's one thing you'll do differently today?
I did, and I think I'm going to be a little kinder to myself today and not be such a reading Nazi. I haven't gone obsessively mental about what books to read, snacks to eat, etc. I've had my book stacks for about a week and haven't touched them, and I didn't do a separate  shopping list for food, so I'm just going to try to relax and enjoy myself this time around. I'm planning on doing a little yard work, and I have to take care of my neighbors' cat for awhile, but other than that I should be here. One thing that is different though, is that I'm taking a CPR renewal class tomorrow afternoon, so I am going to have to get some sleep today/tonight at some point so I don't look like I'm hungover in class tomorrow.


Okay, off to start this Thon off right!  

2 comments:

  1. You are off and running. Yes, we should be kinder to ourselves...good grief, the world is such a Nazi itself!

    If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb!!! Thanks for stopping by! I'll be clicking your link in just a mo', and you're right - the world does feel Nazi-esque at times!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete