Saturday, October 22, 2011

Good Morning (Or, Hour 1)

Well, I overslept by a half hour, so yay Read-a-thon! I'm trying to catch up on my missed morning jobs while listening to an audiobook so it still counts as reading time.

Hour 1 Meme

1) Where are you reading from today?
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

2) Three random facts about me...
Skip-Bo is one of my favorite games, I own enough essential oils to practically open my own shop, and a giant snake has peed on me.

3) How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
28, according to my earlier post, but there are a couple of books that I'm thinking of starting today, so - 30.

4) Do you have any goals for the Read-a-thon?
I'd like to read 6 books, whether from start to finish or not. Really, I just need to thin out my TBR books, so I'll probably be reading faster today than I would normally. Well, until I get too tired, that is. :)

5) If you're a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
Have fun, and take a break if you need to! Sometimes you just need to not be sitting down with a book in your hand, and that's okay.

Alright, off to it!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha a snake peed on you? Too funny. Enjoy the 'thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Laura! Looks like you're off to a great start (in spite of your "over-sleeping" - gasp!) I haven't read any of the books on your list, so I'll be curious to see which ones you love and recommend. Good luck and have fun. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the snake! picture? Following now so I hope I'll remember to come back!

    glad to see another huge list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina! Yep, I was in grade school and there was some kind of an "exotic animals" assembly. I volunteered to help hold a 6ish foot snake and got the lucky position of holding its ... um, "excretion" area. At first I thought snakes were just really wet and then I realized that it was, in fact, urinating on me. My Mom had to bring me a new set of clothes. :) Ah well, it's an experience to be sure!

    Good morning Sherry Ann! I'm just about to head over and see how you're doing, I was just thinking about you. :) An over-planner (but clearly my alarm sound needs some changing) for sure, I doubt I'll get through half of these puppies. I'll have fun trying at least!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Book Dragon! Nope, no picture - this was the early 80's and unless some random teacher had a camera handy, my snake-urine-covered 6 year old self will have to remain in your imagination. Just picture a Luke Skywalker haircut on a short skinny girl and you've got the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete