Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halfway Survey

1) What are you reading right now?
I'm listening to "Bet Me" by Jennifer Crusie. Getting ready to pick up "Alice in Sunderland" by Bryan Talbot

2) How many books have you read so far?
Four.

3) What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
"Radioactive" by Lauren Redniss. I've been looking forward to it for weeks!

4) Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really. I just had to make sure I didn't work this weekend. (I need tomorrow to recover.)

5) Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Well, I always plan to run one errand during these 'thons just to do something so I don't end up sleeping by hour 8, but then my parents stopped over for longer than I expected. And then there was those 2 loads of laundry. Oh well. I just get right back to reading as soon as I can.

6) What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon so far?
Honestly? How little time I've spent reading. I know I got a late start, but I feel like I've hardly missed more than an hour and a half. The clock doesn't lie, unfortunately.

7) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Not that I can think of.

8) What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
I'll do it again next year for sure. I think the only difference I'd make is that I'd make sure to keep the day before free - completely free - so I can do all of the house stuff and make a final grocery run. I didn't give myself any prep time this time around.

9) Are you getting tired yet?
Yes, but just barely.

10) Do you have any tips for others, something that is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I'm a big big fan of audiobooks. They're great for a break from holding up a book for so long, and if you're going to walk or run errands you can still "read".

No comments:

Post a Comment