Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another mini-challenge

This time, we're meant to list our top 5 children's books.

Here, in no particular order, are...

1) "Caddie Woodlawn" by Carol Ryrie Brink. I know it's not a childrens book outright, but every summer my Mom would read it to me under the apple tree in our backyard.

2) The entire "Toot and Puddle" series by Holly Hobbie

3) "Treat Shop", a collection of short stories for children that was first published in the late 60's/early 70's

4) "The Little Rabbit Who Wanted Red Wings" by Carolyn Sherwin Bailey

5)"The Little House" series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. My favorite in the series is the first, "Little House in the Big Woods". It seemed so real and full of possibilities when I was young. And of course, her name is the same as mine and it takes place in my home state, Wisconsin. I always pictured myself like her.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for playing along! I can't remember having read any of these (no, not even The Little House!). WAY TO GO making it so far in the Read-a-thon. I hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete