Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hour18

Time for another tally!

Pages read: 90
Minutes read: 1 hour, 12 minutes

Total pages: 586
Total time reading: 9 hours, 54 minutes
Blogs visited: 5
Books completed: 3

Almost finished with The Turn of the Screw. It's creepy, which is good since it's keeping me awake and the sleepiness is lurking closer. Recently took a break, watched a rerun of "House", had some chicken curry and Mountain Dew (I'm trying to get a boost here, people), and enviously watched my cats sleep curled together for a few minutes. Sigh...

I'd really like to finish at least 1 more full book before this thing is over. I planned on starting "Les Miz" during the 'Thon, but that's looking less likely right now. Whatever it's going to be, I hope it's not hardcover and I hope that don't ever lay down while reading, or I'm dunzo, either by falling asleep, or by getting my nose broken because the book fell on my face because I fell asleep.

Maybe throwing another log on the fire would help keep me awake?

2 comments:

  1. LOL, at this point I'm just laughing. Which's exactly what I do when I'm sleepy.

    It's being GREAT to meet you, I will try to bookmark your blog so it would not drown in the sea of comments of this read-a-thon :P

    And I'm so glad you're enjoying The Turn of the Screw! I want to be like Henry James when I'm older (and guyish... and gayer, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's go
    Let's go, chip in, it's time to cheer,
    It's simple, yell what you hear,
    Go Reader Go,
    Go Reader Go,
    Fire up and scream,
    Read
    Read Read!

    Go Laura!

    ReplyDelete