Thursday, October 22, 2009

Out with the old...


Adios, Goldie. It's been great, what with you cooking things in half the time, and burning the edges of baked goods while leaving the center surprisingly raw. Time to put you out of your (and my) misery.


And hello, gorgeous! I can't believe I finally have a new stove! It's white! And has a flat cooktop! And, what I really can't get over is the window in the oven door! No more singeing eyelashes while checking to make sure dinner isn't on fire. And there's even a light inside. And a built-in timer that is silent, instead of so loud that you could hear it in my bedroom at the opposite end of the house. Did I mention the window? AMAZING!!! I can't get over it. A window? I finally used it for the first time today, with quite a bit of apprehension. It boiled a full pot of water in 6 minutes, as opposed to over 20 minutes! The oven works great too.

Only one little thing... my entire house smells like hot plastic.


I picked up a few more titles for the Read-a-thon on Saturday. Because 30 just didn't seem like enough. My new library titles are:

Magyk and Flyte by Angie Sage
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Barrel Fever by David Sedaris
The Fugitive Queen by Fiona Buckley
Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
Maus II by Art Spiegelman
American On Purpose by Craig Ferguson
In Dublin's Fair City by Rhys Bowen
I Like You by Amy Sedaris

Watch, now I'll probably only end up reading 2 books since I have so stinkin' many. At any rate, I'm still excited about this Saturday. I've already got some food on hand, I've stocked up on coffee and creamer, and even toothpicks for my eyelids if it comes to that.

I may not be back between now and then, but you can expect a post an hour on Saturday, starting in the morning. Wish me luck! And that the plastic smell is gone by bedtime so I can sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment