Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rainy Thursday....

It's almost 1:30 in the afternoon, and I'm still in pajamas. Awesome! I've been waiting for a day like today (kinda crappy outside, chilly, nowhere to go until tonight) for quite some time. It's an actual day off and I'm only sort-of feeling guilty about it. A massive improvement, believe me. Even though I've been doing some quick work for job #2, it hasn't been a buzz-kill (sp?) and I can still chill and watch TV stress-free. So this is that "relax" thing people keep talking about!

Both jobs have been pretty busy the last few weeks, which is good and bad, and I have some exciting news on that front. I'm going to get actual support at job #1! I know! We have another therapist that is going to work full-time (she was only part-time before), another soon-to-be-grad who will be working full-time, and 5 or 6 more part-timers, all by the end of the month! I am so stinkin excited it's a little sad.

The soon-to-be-grad and I were talking about how working at the clinic actually is, and how we could better advertise our services to boost our business. She asked why I hadn't done any of it before on my own, and while I was trying to think of why that was she said "Oh, you know I just realized that if you had done that, you would have just shot yourself in the foot. You're the only one working here, you're here at least 5 days a week, usually 6 or 7, and you have another job. Once I'm up here, you'll finally have some support"! And I have to be honest that I was so happy I started crying. Not a big huge heaving sob-fest or anything, but a nice holy-crap-I'm-getting-help-and-I-so-desperately-need-it kind of a cry. Thank God for that!

Job #2 is still being mostly neglected. Once I'm able to be home more to work on it, that will all change. There are going to be some decent-sized changes in my schedule in the next 2 weeks, and I can hopefully figure out some regular working time. That's all I really want. A little more stability at work so I can maybe start to have a personal life would be great. And how sad is it that that last sentence is true? Ugh.

Anyway, on to more fun things, i.e. reading. I'm up to 59 books read this year, with only 22 to go. I think I may have a shot at completing this challenge by the end of the year. And to that effect (or is it affect? I can never remember which is which), I'll be doing a 24-hour Read-a-thon on October 24. The rules are that you read what you want, when you want, for however long you want and you blog about it. There are prizes to be won, people to help cheer you on...it should be a good time. Well, if you're a Reading Nerd like me, that is.

Unfortunately I have to work in the morning on the 24th, so I'll be starting later, but as soon as I'm done, I'm going to stay home, no distractions, and just read and blog for as long as I can stay awake. I can't wait to read for this extended chunk of time, and I'm hoping to get at least 5 books read and off of my shelf! Plus, my book posts by hour 12 or so should be fairly entertaining, so stay tuned if you need a good laugh.

Alright, I'd better eat some lunch (I'm thinking a chicken salad sandwich), and take a shower. I'm going to see "Bright Star" tonight at the movies, and I'm looking forward to popcorn and a nice period romance in the theater, instead of on my couch like normal.

Hope you're all having a nice Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment