Thursday, October 15, 2009


Here I am again. Blogging twice in one day! Still drinking coffee!! Still in my pajamas!!! Will wonders never cease?

I've just been reading up on this 24-hour thing, and I'm supposed to post a list of books I intend on reading. So, um, here's my list.



In case you can't read microscopic print, here's an actual list of the books...





From top to bottom, right to left, they are:

"Come On Shore and We Will Kill and Eat You All" by Christina Thompson (An ARC to review)
"Beg, Borrow, Steal" by Michael Greenberg (Another ARC to review)
"The Circular Staircase" by Mary Roberts Rinehart
"The Turn of the Screw and Daisy Miller" by Henry James
"Yoga for People Who Can't Be Bothered To Do It" by Geoff Dyer
"Dream of a Thousand Lives" by Karen Connelly
"Driving Over Lemons" by Chris Stewart
"Falling Off the Map" by Pico Iyer
"Venice is a Fish" by Tiziano Scarpa
"Anatomy of the Spirit" by Caroline Myss
"Out of Africa" by Isak Dinesen
"Salt" by Mark Kurlansky
"Armadale" by Wilkie Collins
"The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop" by Lewis Buzbee
the red-spined book you can't really see is "Bitter is the New Black" by Jen Lancaster
"Dear Fatty" by Dawn French
"Audition" by Barbara Walters
"Official Book Club Selection" by Kathy Griffin
"The Virgin Blue" by Tracy Chevalier
"Her Royal Spyness" by Rhys Bowen
"A Royal Pain" by Rhys Bowen
"Bookends" by Jane Green
"The Seven Daughters of Eve" by Bryan Sykes
"Tilt" by Nicholas Shrady
and last but not least "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo

Now to be fair, these are the books that I need to read by the end of the year to complete my 999 Challenge on LibraryThing. I didn't just pluck them off of the shelf and say "hey, I think I'm going to try and read ALL of these in 24 hours". Despite what you may think, I'm not insane. I'd just really like to get as many of these done as possible, and that will give me enough wiggle room to skip around when I'm sick of reading a book.

I should really get a move on if I'm going to be showered and wearing actual clothes for the movie tonight. I'm thinking it would be appreciated. OK, later!

Oh, I almost forgot - that little stack on top of the big stack contains some alternates and books that are due at the library before the read-a-thon starts. They are:

"Persuasion" by Jane Austen
"Daughter of Time" by Josephine Tey
"The Dark Secret of Weatherend" by John Bellairs
"The Clutter-Busting Handbook" by Rita Emmett
and "Chocolate, Please" by Lisa Lampanelli

I think that's enough book talk for now. Peace out!

7 comments:

  1. It's nice to have such a big pile to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the only one! I have a huge pile ready for the read-a-thon. What I don't finish I want to spend November reading. Good luck and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list -- and I have a huge stack (three stacks) of books picked out for readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! After some thinking, I'll be picking up a couple of graphic novels at the library tomorrow, and maybe a collection of short stories to add to the pile. I'm thinking they may help boost me when my attention is waning.

    I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited you're going to join in on the slumber party. I hope you have a good time! You've got quite a list of books to work on during the evening. I'll be lucky to get through two I think....mainly because I'm a super slow reader!

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list! Good luck. I'm getting so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious to see if that Collins book is any good...I really enjoyed The Woman in White!

    ReplyDelete