Saturday, October 12, 2013

Time to get to reading!

Good morning!  I don't know about you, but I slept terribly last night and have to idea how I'm upright right now. Thank GOD for coffee! I'm getting started this morning with an audiobook while I finish a few things that didn't get done last night (taking out the garbage, etc), and I'm looking forward to sitting down with a book in hand very soon!

Book I'm starting with: "The Charlemaigne Pursuit" by Steve Berry (I'm just about halfway through with this audiobook)

Food: So far, just coffee for me, but I might scramble a few eggs and toast a bagel too.


And, the beginning questionnaire....

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
My house outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
That's kind of a tough one. I think for now I'll say "The Pirates! In An Adventure With Ahab" by Gideon DeFoe. I really like the movie (which I think is a combination of all of the books, maybe?) and I'm hoping that the books are just as much fun.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Oooh, you know, I didn't really plan that well this time around. It's probably popcorn, though, since I've been on a kick lately.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Probably nothing new to say since I've done a lot of these. How about chubby white girl who recently quit her third job in order to save whatever's left of her sanity?

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Since I slept so badly, I think a nap or two will have to happen today, which is a little different. Last time I let myself fall asleep in the wee hours of the morning but I don't think I'll make it that far without getting a few minutes of sleep in. 

And now, since my cats are "starving" (code for 'we think the bottom of the bowl might be visible') and my coffee maker just beeped, I'd better get started on my day. 

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Laura! Sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. I'm right there with you - maybe I was excited or something! I usually am not a good napper, so I fear it will catch up to me after midnight. We'll see. I suppose I ought to go do my introductory meme. Hope you enjoyed your coffee and are well into your reading. Will check back in a bit.

    ReplyDelete