Saturday, April 21, 2012

Halfway Update



I'm still awake and reading away. Dinner is percolating in the crock pot, I've got 2 books under my belt, the third load of laundry is in, and I'm getting ready to settle in again. 



Pages read: 88
Time reading: 4 hrs
Books read from: 3
Books completed: 2
Blogs visited: 0
Mini-challenges completed: 0


Total pages: 88
Total time reading: 9 hrs
Total books read from: 3
Total books completed: 2
Total blogs visited: 7
Total challenges completed: 5


And now, for the Mid-Event Survey...

1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
     I'm doing okay, but I am sleepy and my back hurts for reasons unknown. No tired eyes yet, but it's still early.


2) What have you finished reading?     "Unfamiliar Fishes" by Sarah Vowell, and "Dracula's Heir" by Sam Stall.


3) What is your favorite read so far?     "Dracula's Heir" - it's an interactive book, with photos to take out of envelopes, letters and newspapers to unfold and read, and a sealed ending that reveals all. It was a lot of fun!


4) What about your favorite snacks?     No snacks yet per se, but I had a yummy turkey sandwich with some jalapeno potato chips for breakfast (at noon), and my leftover chicken fajita wrap and some spicy veggie sushi rolls a few hours ago. Dinner won't be ready until around 9pm, so I've got a ways to go yet. I did buy a pack of Starburst candy for the wee hours of the morning, and I'm looking forward to that!


5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!

     Yes, more than I did the last time! I didn't write down the full details for all of them, but in no particular order, they are:
Jane Harfeld
Wall-to-Wall Books
Reading Through Life
The Thinker
Nea Barabea
     Blogs that I've been to before today and that deserve some love: Sherry Ann's Blog and 1 Librarian Reads








2 comments:

  1. Hope your back feels better. You can't read properly if you're in pain (stop doing that laundry!) I've never heard of an "interactive" book like that before. It sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laaauurra...Are you sleeeeping?!

    ReplyDelete