Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hour 19 update

I'm still here, though I am starting to flag. It's just starting, the tiredness, because I'm freezing cold and starting to get a little shaky - soon it'll be so bad that I have to sleep for a bit. I'm going to keep pushing myself until then!



Pages read: 114
Time reading: 2 hrs 20 min
Books read from: 1
Books completed: 0
Blogs visited: 1
Mini-challenges completed: 0


Total pages: 202
Total time reading: 11 hrs 20 min
Total books read from: 4
Total books completed: 2
Total blogs visited: 8
Total challenges completed: 5

I don't know what my problem is, but until a couple of hours ago, I was really having a hard time reading. That's why I was doing laundry, as a way to get myself back into reading in 45 minute chunks - instead, I texted a couple of my friends, called my parents, ate dinner and put away the leftovers, played a couple of games on my phone, put clean sheets on my bed... THEN I was finally ready to pick up a book. (I think part of that is because I didn't have time to do the majority of house-keeping stuff this week, particularly yesterday like I had planned, and it was driving me crazy to have it sit there, waiting to be done.) I'm reading "A Discovery of Witches" now, and after some small bursts of impatience I finally got back into the swing of it. In fact, the only reason I'm updating now is so I can wake myself up a little!  Also, I've had the TV on for the last couple of hours, and I think having the distraction of people talking has helped me to tune that out and focus on the story. 

Hmmm, maybe I should grab a little something sweet to keep myself going.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment